Our USA Troubadours won three gold medals!! Two Category Winners!! Category Winner in the Mixed Category and in the Chamber Category. Congratulations to all of us Augustinians!! (The USA Student Council has recently sponsored their T-shirts which they wore during their trip at Singapore. #VIVA SAN AGUSTIN! VIVA TROUBADOURS! ) Photo Courtesy of Rev. Fr. Williener Jack Luna, OSA.
Class is suspended beginning 11:20AM of July 7, 2014 due to Typhoon Florita - USA Administration message as of July 7, 2014 (11:13AM)
Last June 28, 2014, the USA Student Council in partnership with the Student Affairs and Welfare Office sponsored the Business Model Canvass Workshop which was attended by various Org and Council Presidents of the university. The workshop aims to inspire student leaders to generate sustainable and purpose-driven projects in the University.
Last June 21, 2014, the USASC facilitated and hosted the uniwide acquaintance party for freshmen students held at the USA Open Courts.
The USA Student Council hosted the New Student Orientation (NSO) Seminar last June 18, 2014 (1:30 - 5:00 PM) at the USA Auditorium. The said seminar centered in encouraging the freshmen students to participate in the Seven (7) Augustinian Advocacies of the University. The speakers for the said event was Rev. Fr. Williener Jack Luna O.S.A., Ms. Josefa Castro, Mr. Eric Divinagracia, Ms. Gian Bermudo, Mr. Demosthenes Toledo, and Ms. Deborah Panela.
Last June 18, 2014, Rev. Fr. Frederick C. Comendador O.S.A. has facilitated the induction of the USA Student Council 2014-2015 during the Mass of the Holy Spirit held at the USA Gymnasium and in front of the Augustinian Community.
As part of the welcoming program of the University of San Agustin, the USA Student Council 2014-2015
in partnership with the University of San Agustin Fine Arts (Kinno, Kat, Tope, Jester, Ronnyl, & Riche) or FAMO initiated the first 3D Chalk Art in Campus.
The USA Student Council would like to thank Mr. Mark Macaranas, Sister Cristina Salas CM, Fr. Czar Alvarez O.S.A., and Mr. Eric Divinagracia for allowing the Student Council to design the Backdrop during the Red Mass last June 18, 2014. Thank you also to Mr. Fritz Descutido for providing the concept layout and graphics.
The USA Student Council President, Jeremiah John P. Vardeleon, in partnership with other Student Council Presidents in other universities, has agreed to form the first Student Council Alliance of Iloilo last June 12, 2014. The alliance is aimed to create strong linkages and support systems that will help bolster the activities and projects of its members.
Dreaming big for the city and their universities. A selfie moment with the Student Council Presidents (From left to right: Rommel Terante of Phinma Education - University of Iloilo, Jeremiah John Vardeleon from the University of San Agustin, Daishel Balsomo from John B. lacson Foundation University, and Eric Golen from John B. lacson Foundation Maritime University, Arevalo) Off the picture is Charmaigne Aguirre of West Visayas State University and another anonymous Student Council President of a big university here in Iloilo. Together, they are forming the first STUDENT COUNCIL ALLIANCE IN ILOILO CITY.
Last March 9, 2014, Mr. Eric Divinagracia, the USA Director for Student Affairs and Welfare, has commissioned the USA Student Council to design the emblems for the seven Augustinian Advocacies. According to Divinagracia, these emblems will be used to visually promote the seven Augustinian Advocacies to all the students and student organizations in the university. The Emblems were designed by Anne Catherine Malazarte, the USASC 2nd Public Relations Officer.
To our fellow Augustinians,
It has come to our attention that the University has approved the increase in tuition fee effective 1st Semester of A.Y. 2014-2015. Thus, we would like to present to you the facts of this matter for the benefit of the Augustinian community.
1. That it is confirmed that the USA Administrators has released a Circular informing all the students last March 20, 2014 regarding its decision to increase the tuition fee.
2. That the said tuition fee increase will take effect beginning 1st Semester of A.Y. 2014 - 2015.
3. That this decision and announcement merited the attention of the Augustinian Students.
4. That certain sectors of the Augustinian community are requesting the INCOMING USA STUDENT COUNCIL to take action regarding this matter.
5. That the requested action is to "stop" or to "minimize" the decision to increase the tuition fee.
As a reply to this request, the following course of action had been undertaken:
1. The incoming USA Student Council has conducted a series of interview and investigations regarding the matter.
2. The information gathered states that this decision came after rounds of consultations (see supporting documents) & approval (majority decision) from various sectors of the university, including the student body as represented by the incumbent USA Student Council, headed by Mr. Zimri Siozan.
3. That the incoming USA Student Council shares the same sentiments with the students who are affected by this decision.
4. That in as much as the incoming USA student Council would want to reverse, stop, or minimize the effects of this decision; it cannot do so because the INCOMING USA STUDENT COUNCIL cannot take effect or participate in any major decision making not until they have been inaugurated this June 18, 2014. It is prohibited to by pass the decision of the INCUMBENT STUDENT COUNCIL.
5. That the Official stand of the INCOMING USA STUDENT COUNCIL is to wait for its term to take effect and meanwhile entrust this matter to the INCUMBENT STUDENT COUNCIL.
In St. Augustine,
Jeremiah John P. Vardeleon
Incoming USA Student Council President
@ Melrose Inland Resort with Ms. Ramonita Pico, Mr. Eric Divinagracia, & Mr. Sunny Lasala (May 28 - May 31, 2014)