It has come to our attention that the University has approved the increase in tuition fee effective 1st Semester of A.Y. 2014-2015. Thus, we would like to present to you the facts of this matter for the benefit of the Augustinian community.
1. That it is confirmed that the USA Administrators has released a Circular informing all the students last March 20, 2014 regarding its decision to increase the tuition fee.
2. That the said tuition fee increase will take effect beginning 1st Semester of A.Y. 2014 - 2015.
3. That this decision and announcement merited the attention of the Augustinian Students.
4. That certain sectors of the Augustinian community are requesting the INCOMING USA STUDENT COUNCIL to take action regarding this matter.
5. That the requested action is to "stop" or to "minimize" the decision to increase the tuition fee.
As a reply to this request, the following course of action had been undertaken:
1. The incoming USA Student Council has conducted a series of interview and investigations regarding the matter.
2. The information gathered states that this decision came after rounds of consultations (see supporting documents) & approval (majority decision) from various sectors of the university, including the student body as represented by the incumbent USA Student Council, headed by Mr. Zimri Siozan.
3. That the incoming USA Student Council shares the same sentiments with the students who are affected by this decision.
4. That in as much as the incoming USA student Council would want to reverse, stop, or minimize the effects of this decision; it cannot do so because the INCOMING USA STUDENT COUNCIL cannot take effect or participate in any major decision making not until they have been inaugurated this June 18, 2014. It is prohibited to by pass the decision of the INCUMBENT STUDENT COUNCIL.
5. That the Official stand of the INCOMING USA STUDENT COUNCIL is to wait for its term to take effect and meanwhile entrust this matter to the INCUMBENT STUDENT COUNCIL.
In St. Augustine,
Jeremiah John P. Vardeleon
Incoming USA Student Council President